Travel Tuesday - Ireland Two Years Ago


We returned from Ireland two years ago today.  Right at the start of work from home, lock down, and all of this fun. 
 
There were a ton of posts two years ago about Ireland.  With time to reflect, it was a great trip in a weird time.  Dublin is a neat city, it is a very modern city, very welcoming.  Trinity college, St Patricks, walking along the river.  We were only in Galway a short time, the drive north from there into the countryside was spectacular.  Neat hotels, great service, nice space (traveling off season prices were low, I booked a suite in one hotel and it was wonderful to have the extra space.) 

The time down south in Kilkenny and Waterford was amazing.  We stayed at a golf resort, operated by Marriott.  The room was nice, the bathroom had a heated floor, I was in love with that.  We drove along the coast for a couple of hours, with a gale blowing in and heavy surf.  It was amazing.  

By the end of it, places were closing, restrictions were starting.  But we still saw and did a lot.  For us it was a wonderful time of the year to travel, no snow or ice, but not hot, not crowded.  If we had been a couple of weeks later going, we would have not been.  Grab the opportunity when you can.  No regrets (well except for driving, I didn't have an accident, others didn't do so well.)  

Details will follow, most likely after the trip, I almost never talk about being gone, before I am gone, I just booked an adventure for later this spring. A return to someplace I have been once and my only regret was that we didn't stay long enough.  Five nights this time.  I needed a passport to book it. 

Comments