Sunday Five - A Connected Life


 While walking at the mall, being tracked by my phone, I stumbled across this refrigerator with an error code in it's internet connection.  I don't know as I want my refrigerator to know that much.  We looked at appliances for the kitchen the sales guy had to demonstrate a matched set that you entered the inventory of what was on hand and it would plan your menus and give you step by step directions.  I was horrified. 

1: Do you have a voice activated smart device in the house? 

2: What is your success level on voice activated devices? 

3: Do you let technology automatically reorder or refill for you? 

4: Have you ever done an online search, then been inundated with ads? 

5: Do you go into incognito mode before doing searches or visiting some webpages? 

My Answers:

1: Do you have a voice activated smart device in the house? There is a video Alexa box in the kitchen, and Amazon is forever suggesting cook books.  

2: What is your success level on voice activated devices? I have never made the voice option work on the GPS in the Benz.  NEVER or me, it only responds the master's voice.  

3: Do you let technology automatically reorder or refill for you? No, I don't need that much organization in my life. I ordered packing tape on Amazon and it asked if I wanted to put that on automatic refill mode, who uses that much packing tape?

4: Have you ever done an online search, then been inundated with ads?  Who hasn't? 

5: Do you do into incognito mode before doing searches or visiting some webpages? From time to time 


Please share your answers in the comments! 

Comments