The Sunday Five - One Ringy Dingy, Two Ringy Dingys


If you laughed at the title, you are an experienced adult, or you are simply old.  I recently replaced my cell/mobile phone.  I don't recall if I bought in 2015 or 2016, I think 2015, so it was likely 7 years old.  It still worked, but the memory was full. The resident memory that holds the operating system and all apps, was full to the point I couldn't update or add anything, without taking something off.  And I am not a big app user.  So after putting it off for months, I decided it was time, and off the phone store.  Probably the easiest sale they had all day.  I told the guy what I wanted and needed, he said this one is best, he had it in stock, done deal.  It works, does a few things the old one didn't, does more than I want or need.  

Last summer my office changed the security protocol for remote email access.  I followed the directions, first step was delete my office email from my phone, that was easy. Second step was find or download a new mail app.  That didn't work.  So I took the path of least resistance,  I left my office email and calendar off my phone.  With my supervisory duties starting, I recently added my office email and calendar back on my phone, I instantly regretted doing so.  

1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" 

2: Apple, Android, or other?  

3: How long ago did you buy a new one? 

4: Do you always have yours on? 

5: Do you prefer phone, email or text? 

My answers: 

1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" I started with Blackberry, before the I-Phone existed.

2: Apple, Android, or other?  Android 

3: How long ago did you buy a new one? Late January 

4: Do you always have yours on? Nope. I know people who sleep with their phone. 

5: Do you prefer phone, email or text?  Email


Please share your answers in the comments. 

Comments