Travel Tuesday - Love Hate Relationship with Cars and Driving


A few months ago I did a series on some of the cars I have owned, lots of cars.  Most were utilitarian, a handful were spectacular. I love cars, I enjoy the design, the style, to comfort, the performance.  In the right moment, I like pushing car near its limits going through a tight corner.  But at the same time, I drive because I need to, not because I especially enjoy it.  Truth be told at times I hate driving.  Driving is better in a comfortable car, putting the top down on the little car on a pretty day, always lightens my mood.  If I won the PowerBall, there are a few fantasy cars I would try - a Rolls, a Ferrari, but even then I probably wouldn't draw great pleasure from driving.  I am weird that way.  

The photo above?  We live in an area with a lot of nice cars, a lot of people with a lot of disposable income and good credit. The kind of a place where a teenager learns to drive in a Porsche. A fun place to live, I am not from here, I started driving in a 1965 Ford pickup truck.   

 

Comments