My Music Monday : Havana Daydreaming



Cuba, and when I think of Cuba I think of Havana, has long been on my list of places to see.  There have only been a couple of times in my adult life when US tourist visits were allowed by the US Government. Back in the 1980's an entrepreneur took advantage of a liberal definition of cultural exchange and flew plane loads of tourists from Orlando, to Havana, with dinner and a show at the CopaCabana, then back home the same night.  The State department shut that down before I had a chance to go (a banker friend of mine was arranging a group to go.) Then in the waning years of the Obama administration, cruise ships from US ports were visiting Cuba, things changed and that option closed before I could work a cruise into my schedule. I can separate the government from the people, and the culture, and the art, and the music, and the food. Maybe someday.  Or maybe I can go learn and teach.    



Comments