Travel Tuesday: So What Do You Take Pictures Of


I stopped recently to have my car washed and the windows done inside and out.  I had a camera with me, and didn't want to leave it in the car so I carried it with me when I went inside to pay.  The runner who drove cars from the end of the wash tunnel to where they wipe them down and clean the windows asked "are you a photographer, what do you take pictures of."  Before I finished my answer he had to say "that is great, but I have to run."  

Landscapes, when I travel I try to take photos of changing landscape.  I have a student this spring who is not from this side of the earth, I was trying to explain to him how the terrain changes in just 100 miles from where he is going to college.  He has flown in and out, he does not drive.  His home country is less than 100 miles across.  

Cityscapes.  There is a genre called street photography, and I probably don't fit in that.  But cities are such unique spaces.  

Wildlife, birds, trees, flowers, insects.  And when I travel and they are different that are especially interesting.  Aspens in California last October, in full autumn yellows and golds.  I may never be there at the right time again to see those.  

Dogs, I find most dogs love having their picture taken.  

I could go on, but you probably need to run,  

Comments