Thursday Ramble - Two Years


 Two years ago this weekend, I had my hair cut. Trimmed up around my ears, scissors only, Jose knew how to make it look good.  A month later, as we were getting ready to go to Ireland I decided another haircut could wait a couple of weeks until after we returned, two years later, it has not been cut yet.  

Shortly after we returned home, the shops were closed for a while, and when the shops reopened, I questioned if being in hands on contact with a person who is hands on with lots of people every day was worth the risk.  I decided it was not.  

Most of the time I keep it pulled back and tied up, if I really work at it I can get a "top knot" to work.  But once in a while, especially on weekends I let my freak flag fly, and let my hair down.  When it is wet it hangs down between my shoulder blades in the back.  It has NEVER in my life been this long.  My hair is naturally wavy - curly - a mess.  I have often kept it cut shorter than I like to avoid the texture issue. The longer it gets the easier it is, the more it fluffs out.  There is not much left in front, and over the top. It is thin, really not much bulk to it.  I'd like to think I am carrying off the aging eccentric look, but it is probably more like the mad scientist look. 


Comments