The Saturday Morning Post - Pondering


Between Christmas and New Year's,  my sweet bear had a bit of a funny health scare.  He was watching a YouTube video got to laughing so hard he couldn't catch his breath, passed out and hit his head falling off his perch.  Calls to both his doctors office and the local doc-in-a-box recommended that he be checked at the Emergency Room (A&E in some parts of the world.) A thorough going over and few thousand dollars in tests found nothing unexpected. Passing out from being over excited is a known condition, a defined diagnosis.  Spo helped us translate radiologist and cardiologist speak into common English, and the answers were not to unexpected for an older person - the worst of it was a scrape on his head and being diagnosed as aging. 

Current public health limitations prohibit "visitors" in the ER, the sign instructed me to wait in the car.  And I did.  The battery in his phone was running down, so we limited communications. I took my Kindle and a book to read (that didn't get added to my reading list for 2021.) It was a long three hours.  The last gap between communications was over an hour.  Long enough for me to start to ponder the worst. What would I do? How would I move forward?  I am a planner, and my brain ponders when faced with uncertainty or change.  

Last weekend, with New Years, there was a lot of pondering going on about 2022.  What will happen, will things change, will we return to normal?  I don't know? My crystal balls are broken.  

What happens in 2022 will happen, good, bad, wanted, unwanted, the stuff of dreams and nightmares, returning to the old normal, or developing the new normal.  I can't change most of it, I can't stop it from coming at me without falling off my perch permanently. 

2022 will be what I make of it.  

And this sets my brain to pondering - ways that I can enjoy whatever 2022 throws at me.  

Comments