Thursday Ramble - Putting Out


Our dear Spo, occasionally writes about the BOD, reminding him of his obligation to put out, to write, to post, to produce for his loyal readers. I feel this pressure, without a board reminding me of it.  I made a personal commitment to post at least once each day, five-six years ago.  

As bloggers, we are content creators.  We have an audience. Loyal readers that look for our updates.  They miss us when we are not there.  I have emailed a few bloggers over the years who went missing, inquiring into their health and well being.  

BF Skinner would say, don't be so predictable, but I am.  

Why do I do this daily? Because I want to.  It is a commitment to myself.  I hope that it my daily posts are looked forward to by my readers.  I love the interaction with comments.  

How do I do this.  Nearly every post is written ahead of time.  Some of the theme day posts such as YouTube or Music Mondays, are created and scheduled as much a month ahead.  I go back and review, and edit, and replace, or shuffle around posts.  I try to be at least a week ahead every weekend.  When I feel the need to take a break, I will write as much as three or four weeks ahead.  Then I can take a few days off, and my audience still gets a daily post.  I have a folder of draft posts, posts that have been started and still need work before they are ready for prime time.  Some never will see the light of day.  As I write this, I am amassing posts ahead, thinking a few days off from putting out are in order.  

I start every post with a photo.  Sharing my photos is a special reason for me to have the blog.  The photos here are mostly mine, some are old family photos, including a lot of scanned slides from my father's collection.  

I do this because I enjoy it.  I find meaning in it.  I do it to connect with you my readers.  I try to share a message, to remain positive most of the time. 

So what is ahead for the adventure?  I intend to maintain the daily posting.  Foodie Friday will go away, I am struggling for ideas too often.  Maybe after the new kitchen is installed, I will think about doing cooking posts.  The limits on travel the past couple of years, have at times morphed Travel Tuesday into way-back days.  The Sunday Five is very popular, I will keep thinking of questions to ask.  Music/YouTube Monday is fun. I need to get the scanner out to keep talking about the way we were on Wednesday.  I have all of my black and white negatives from the 70's - a few thousand of them to work through (groan!) Over the next couple of weeks I will develop a blog plan for 2022, I did last year, and taped a copy to my computer - it worked.  

What should I replace foodie Friday with?  


Comments