The Way We Were Wednesday. - Christmas in Paris


It is a bit of a long story, of lots of travel in a short period of time, and being pissed off at something someone said, I got wild hair one year and we went to Paris for Christmas the next year.  It was in the very early 2000's. 

I used 100,000 Delta frequent flyer miles for seats on Air France. I had been trying for a couple of weeks to book seats on Delta, I called one evening and the operator checked and found nothing, and she said, "would you mind traveling on Air France? I bet I can get you seats on our partner airline." Yes, without a moment's hesitation. We stayed in a comfortable but modest Best Western hotel near the Eiffel Tower.  We spent a week exploring, visiting museums, eating incredible food, and relaxing.  We had Christmas dinner at Altitude 95 on the Eiffel Tower.  It was delightful! Even if the airport was a Zoo when we went to fly home. 
 

Comments